[Xorp-users] xorpsh load command

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Wed Jan 9 06:53:27 PST 2008

Arsi Antila <bbb999 at zerodistance.fi> wrote:

> Xorpsh load command does not seem to work in all situations.
>
> If I start XORP with xorp1.conf shown below, and then try to load
> xorp2.conf by using the load command in xorpsh, the following error
> message is shown:
>
> [ 2008/01/09 12:05:14  WARNING xorp_policy:5327 XrlPolicyTarget +360
> policy_base.cc handle_policy_0_1_delete_policy ] Handling method for
> policy/0.1/delete_policy failed: XrlCmdError 102 Command failed delete_policy:
> DependancyError from line 154 of dependancy.hh: Dependency remove: Object test
> in use by: bgp
> [ 2008/01/09 12:05:14  ERROR xorp_rtrmgr:5324 RTRMGR +675
> master_conf_tree.
> cc commit_pass2_done ] Commit failed: 102 Command failed delete_policy:
> DependancyError from line 154 of dependancy.hh: Dependency remove: Object
> test in use by: bgp
> ERROR: Load failed.
> 102 Command failed delete_policy: DependancyError from line 154 of
> dependancy.hh: Dependency remove: Object test in use by: bgp [edit]
>

> If I start XORP with xorp2.conf as parameter, and then load
> xorp1.conf by using xorpsh, it works OK.
>
> Is there a way to change from xorp1.conf to xorp2.conf without
> restarting XORP? Even some kind of workaround would be OK. I am using
> Linux, XORP 1.4.

The problem is that in xorp1.conf inside the "bgp" config there
is [export: "test"] statement. During the loading of xorp2.conf, the
first processed configuration delta is the deletion of the policy
statement, but from policy manager perspective it is still in use by
BGP, hence the above error.

The work-around would be to delete first [export: "test"] inside
bgp, commit the change, and then load xorp2.conf.