[Xorp-users] Question regarding xorp BGP

Atanu Ghosh atanu at xorp.org
Wed Feb 11 09:42:31 PST 2009

Hi,

If the AS numbers of the local and remote BGP are not equal then BGP
considers the peering to be an external peering
and the leading AS number in AS path must match the AS number of the
peer. The error that you are seeing is what you would expect if there
has been a mismatch. The XORP BGP does not have a flag to disable this
check. The only way to disable the check is to form an internal
peering by using the same AS number locally and remotely.

What is your peer doing that you need to disable the check?

       Atanu.