[Xorp-users] Problem with scons build in xorp 1.7-WIP

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Sep 17 05:44:40 PDT 2009

naresh raga wrote:

>     Hi Bruce and Conklin,
>     Actually I have tried building scons using
>     prefix=/home/student/xorp.But nothing is getting installed into
>     that folder which is supposed to be the install path.I have also
>     tried to build without prefix using the default install path
>     /usr/local/xorp.Even then nothing is getting installed into
>     /usr/local/xorp.What could be the issue?

Points to consider:
Did you create the directory before attempting to install?
Are you running two invocations of scons -- once to build, once to install?
Are you passing the prefix argument to all invocations of scons?
Do you get any error(s) when you attempt to install?

If you re-target the prefix then the build may need to recompile some files.
You shouldn't need to install as root if your destination directory does
not have root ownership.

The installation is known to work at least under FreeBSD 7.2, Ubuntu
9.04 Desktop, and Fedora 11. I normally test under FreeBSD. I haven't
tested on Linux for a few weeks.

Hope this helps.

thanks,
BMS