[Xorp-users] HAVE_IPV6_MULTICAST never defined in XORP-1.7 on LINUX

XORP at sipxx.com karl at sipxx.com
Fri Sep 25 10:22:34 PDT 2009

I updated my svn tree again and reran a build on FreeBSD to see what the
errors were.
The errors are actually link time missing references. Are the latest svn
commits supposed to build?
I had unresolved references into xuid.cc which is now commented out of
the sources, putting it back solved that problem, but allowed other
problems to surface. I tried going back a few revs, but haven't found a
working one yet.
The build system also orders the link libraries incorrectly, the path to
/usr/local/lib (for example, among others) is searched first for
libraries (-L), rather than the product specific directories under obj.
This causes the build to try to link against libospf from quagga which
lives in /usr/local/lib, which causes havoc naturally. XORP 1.6 didn't
do that, it explicitly linked in the required libraries with full path.
It can be properly with -L too, but care needs to be take with the
order. Quagga could be uninstalled of course, but that is not a proper
solution, you can't expect to build this only on a freshly installed OS
with no other apps present. The tree should link properly internally.
Later, ...
Karl