[Xorp-users] RIP configuration is unable to learn routes.

naresh raga naresh_raga at yahoo.co.in
Fri Apr 9 09:17:40 PDT 2010

Thanks Ben Greear & Garry Peirce,
 for your response...
You are right regarding my query.It's wrong to expect Xorp(RIP) to learn a route advertised from an invalid neighbour.(not directly connected subnet.)

Now I have sent a RIP response packet from PC1 using nemesis having same subnet as PC2,but with  RIP entry(having different subnet),Xorp(RIP) on PC2 has learnt the route.

Actually I am trying to make Rip route capacity test.I need to advertise number of RIP routes into the router under test.Other than nemesis can you suggest some tools which can easily inject RIP routes.

Thanks,
T.Raga Naresh Kumar.