[Xorp-users] Fwd: Actual FIB Structure

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Fri Apr 9 11:30:59 PDT 2010

On 04/09/10 10:02, Adam Greenhalgh wrote:
> anyone know the answers to this ?
> ---
> One more question, I found that the RIB is implemented with the tree.
> What kind of tree is this? Patricia Trie,Binary trie or other types?

It's basically a patricia trie, with a few optimizations. See
libxorp/trie.hh.

The RIB can contain several nested data structures, whose representation
is role specific. The arch PDF docs are the best reference, but in the
end, if one wishes to understand the code, one has to wade in.

Async code is less readable than sync code, sad fact of life, sorry -
this is what code navigators are for. Of course if anyone made some nice
time-domain UML maps to help folk, we'd gladly publish them.