[Xorp-users] (no subject) - ISIS

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.net
Thu Jul 8 23:28:58 PDT 2010

Sorry for top posting, I'm using my phone..

If anyone wants to take on this task I would just like to recommend going with the latter approach, ie take the OSPF process and hack away rather than try to integrate isisd from quagga as I think the resulting code, given my memory of it, would be rather fugly ;-)

Just my .02$

Btw, how does the OSPF process do sockets today? Given that it idea neither UDP nor TCP I guess it uses some form of raw sockets, right? Does those sockets allow the manipulation of L2 data? How should one go about sending the LLC/SNAP frames that isis typically uses contrary to the ethernet2 that normal IP packets use?

  -K