[Xorp-users] Reducing Xorp binary setup size ?

saurabh saurabh.pandya at elitecore.com
Thu Mar 18 01:52:06 PDT 2010

Hi Ben,

I doubt that I must missing something , to check what I get your
Latest git. And build it with regular scons (without disabling anything)
Then I installed by ./lf_pkg.bash .. and then run
         ./xorp_rtrmgr -b <myconfig_that_i_sent_to_you> as root.

Same below errors I found with this full build... those I found with
disable_XYZ build. Below are errors snaps full log I attached.

2010/03/18 04:56:44.278677  ERROR xorp_fea:19179 FEA
fea/data_plane/ifconfig/ifconfig_set.cc:661 push_vif_address ] Failed to
configure address because of device not found:
IfConfigSetNetlinkSocket::add_addr: check_nl_req: Cannot add address
'192.168.14.27' on interface 'eth2' vif 'eth2': AF_NETLINK NLMSG_ERROR
message: No such device
[ 2010/03/18 04:56:44.278748  ERROR xorp_fea:19179 FEA
fea/data_plane/ifconfig/ifconfig_set.cc:661 push_vif_address ] Failed to
configure address because of device not found:
IfConfigSetNetlinkSocket::add_addr: check_nl_req: Cannot add address
'195.195.195.20' on interface 'eth3' vif 'eth3': AF_NETLINK NLMSG_ERROR
message: No such device

With my surprise code is being generated is 22 MB for full (without any
Disable_xyz) ct xorp...

I may test build for suse, puppy, intel once it work for testing.

-Thanks
Saurabh