[Bro] Issues installing Bro 2.0-B on FreeBSD 8.0

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Wed Jan 4 05:46:21 PST 2012

Hi Tom!

On Jan 2, 2012, at 9:22 PM, Kroeger, Thomas M wrote:

> After a morning of using Bro's debug output, I was able to trace it down to a confluence of a few issues:
> 1- FreeBSD doesn't have bash in the path on a default install

Hm, I guess we should add bash to the quick start guide for freebsd.  Thanks for pointing that out.

We do need to still spend some more time finding weird edge cases like this where things aren't failing gracefully.  What you are experiencing is definitely not intended behavior.  Does everything work if you install bash?

> Also is there a way to search the mailing list.  I tried to search to see if this issue had been seen by others but I wasn't able to search the mailing list.

If you use the google custom search box on our webpage it should search the mailing list (as well as the ticket tracker, website, and blog).  I suppose we should point that out somewhere.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro-ids.org/