[Bro] Fwd: Re: Gentoo Package - Include Failure of CAF

M.B. tomboy64 at sina.cn
Sun Mar 13 15:14:20 PDT 2016

Good morning,

Am 13.03.2016 um 01:53 schrieb Matthias Vallentin:

> The CAF ebuild looks good to me. The deprecation warnings arise because
> of the combination of Broker 0.4 with CAF >= 0.14.

This was a misunderstanding; I meant the internal deprecation warnings
that arise when compiling CAF 0.14.4. CAF's 0.13.2 build.log is
completely devoid of that.

> If you want a stable
> release, you would have to use the following combination:
>
>     Bro 2.4.1 + Broker 0.4 + CAF 0.13.2

I've created a 0.13.2 CAF ebuild and something's going wrong with
Swig/Python. See attached bro-swig-python-failure.log.

> And as mentioned in an earlier email, for the next release Bro 2.5, it
> would be Broker 0.5 and CAF 0.15.
>
> I don't have a gentoo installation handy so that I could further debug
> the issue with the symlinked .sh file. Would you mind giving us a bit
> more insight in to that error?

Sure. It's an automated QA warning by portage:
Symbolic link /usr/share/broctl/scripts/broctl-config.sh points to
/var/spool/bro/broctl-config.sh which does not exist.

The install phase is listed in attached bro-warning.log. The QA warning
is at the very end. Please ignore the warnings in the middle; they are
coming from a bug in portage.

With kind regards,
Markus